When you think about the scale of plastic pollution, straws might seem so insignificant at first, but did you know?
- Over 500 Million plastic straws are used and thrown away every day.
- Plastic takes about 450 years to break down in landfill.
- If it doesn’t go there, it ends up in the ocean where it is ingested by sea life and leaks toxic waste into our water.
- Plastic doesn’t go away when you throw it out.
YOU can help to change this by;
1. Remember to request no straw when ordering a drink
2. Invest in one of the many great plastic straw alternatives, like these from SiliStraw
(They are a great conversation starter too, to help spread the word about avoiding plastic)
We need to start reducing and eliminate single use plastic
Why choose SiliStraw?
- BPA Free
- Easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- It’s reusable
- Environmentally conscious
- Comes in a nifty holder
- No metallic taste
🌍 Don’t blow it – good planets are hard to find. 🌍